Hi, How Can We Help You?
  • Address: 227-1433 Lonsdale Ave., North Vancouver
  • Email Address: info@iconimmigration.ca




Study in Canada

IRCC reports that as of December 2019, there were a total of 642,480 international students in Canada at all levels  permits each year. Each year Canada study permits grant individuals from around the world the opportunity to study in Canada for a specified period of time, at a designated Canadian learning institution. Navigate the topics below to learn more about Canadian study permits.

Study Permit Canada

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has two general requirements in order to issue a Study Permit:

  1. a qualified Canadian educational institution must provide the applicant with an acceptance letter;
  2. the applicant must possess sufficient funds for his or her stay in Canada, including being able to pay for tuition and living costs.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada may also require medical examinations as well as police clearance certificates.

Work While You Study In Canada
  • International students enrolled in a full-time academic, professional or vocational training program with a designated learning institution in Canada will be:
    • eligible to work for an off-campus employer without a work permit;
    • permitted to work for an off-campus employer for up to 20hrs per week throughout the regular academic school session and full-time during regularly scheduled academic breaks; and
    • eligible for off-campus work immediately upon qualifying for a study permit, instead of waiting six months as was previously required.
Study Permit to Permanent Resident

International students studying in Canada may apply for Canadian permanent resident status while studying in Canada or after completing their studies, provided they meet the requirements of the Canadian immigration program under which they apply.

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

In order to qualify for the Canadian Experience Class, student applicants must have least 12 months of work experience in Canada, in a skilled occupation (candidates must apply within three years of obtaining 1 year of qualifying experience). Students can obtain requisite work experience in Canada by applying for a Canadian Post-Graduation Work Permit.

Quebec Experience Class (QEC)

International students who have completed a recognized program of study in Quebec, and who possess an intermediate level of proficiency in the French language may qualify under this Canadian immigration program. Canadian work experience is not required for this Quebec immigration program.

Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)

Many provinces offer Canadian immigration programs for foreign students via the provincial nominee programs they have in place. Generally, applicants must have graduated from a Canadian post secondary education program. Requirements can vary by province; sometimes work experience and a job offer is required. For more Information contact info@iconimmigration.ca